Chris started his career as a researcher in BBC Television’s documentaries department and then became a financial journalist. He was previously Investment Banking Correspondent and Senior Corporate Reporter at the Financial Times, Financial Editor of The Independent and a companies writer at the Investors Chronicle. Chris has also worked at communications consultancy Financial Dynamics (now FTI), as an Associate Partner.
- Tel: +44 (0)20 7542 2410
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
London traders from rival firms worked as a team of old friends sharing information about FX deals. There was little allegiance to other desks within their own firms, let alone the company. In a business marked by frequent job changes, the primacy of personal loyalties is a risk.
Britain’s top antitrust watchdog has launched a full inquiry into insufficient competition in UK banking. The die-hard economist members are likely to find that free consumer banking is the source of most of the relevant evils. But abolishing that may still be politically taboo.
After Friday’s fatal crash, Virgin will need to make new investments in its space programme. The start date for paid flights has been deferred. But if the safety issues can be overcome, the project might yet stack up commercially.
- Foxtons alert points at housing momentum reversal
- Sometimes business can't avoid talking politics
- Politics mar GSK and RBS chairman succession
- Tesco chairman should step aside
- Tesco chairman approaches his sell-by date
- Glencore's capital promises are those of a trader
- London-UK house-price divergence is manna for BoE