Asia columnist, Reuters Breakingviews
The world’s leading provider of real-time financial commentary is seeking a columnist to enhance its agenda-setting coverage of Asian business, markets and economics. This is an opportunity to help shape opinion on some of the most important financial topics in the region for a high-level global audience.
We are looking for an experienced financial commentator who is equally comfortable analysing corporate balance sheets as expressing a view on broader economic developments and market trends.
Building on Reuters Breakingviews’ reputation for accuracy, clarity and sophisticated insight, the columnist will have access to senior executives and policymakers, razor-sharp analytical skills, an ability to generate original ideas and the skill to explain complex concepts in clear and engaging prose.
The role involves:
- Writing strong, original views on Asian business, markets and economics – both responding rapidly to breaking news and setting the agenda.
- Developing contacts with senior executives, financiers and policymakers.
- Working closely with other Breakingviews columnists in Asia and the rest of the world to identify important topics and trends.
- Presenting ideas in fresh and interesting ways, such as developing our popular range of interactive calculators and graphics.
- Promoting Breakingviews by participating in conferences, appearing on television/radio and developing a robust social media presence.
The successful applicant will have:
- Demonstrable ability to generate agenda-setting ideas for a global financial audience.
- A firm grasp of trends in Asian business, economics and markets.
- Good working knowledge of key concepts of valuation and corporate finance.
- The ability to deliver punchy, well-argued opinions to tight deadlines.
Please apply to Peter Thal Larsen