Reuters Breakingviews is looking for a bright and motivated Research Assistant to support our crack team of editors and columnists in Europe.
This is a great opportunity for someone interested in learning about financial commentary from the ground up. You will be interested in digging into financial data; publishing and promoting columns and podcasts; and helping to develop compelling and punchy arguments.
You will possess exceptional organizational skills, a sharp eye for editorial style and detail, and the ability to juggle multiple projects at the same time.
It’s an entry-level position, which means you’ll be involved in many aspects of our output. Our research assistants play a critical role in filtering news stories, publishing our views, promoting Breakingviews on social media, and helping organise events. Over time, we’ll teach you how to write.
- A knack for quick learning and getting to grips with complex topics
- Web publishing skills, or an appetite to develop them
- A keen proofreader’s eye, so you can police copy for style and consistency
- The ability to work quickly and reliably to tight deadlines
- A working knowledge of finance and business
- Familiarity with organising data and creating charts and graphics
- Working knowledge of European languages, particularly German, Spanish and French
To apply, click here.
This is a challenging entry-level position that involves providing across-the-board support for a team of senior columnists and editors based in New York and San Francisco. The ideal candidate will have exceptional organizational skills, an ability to juggle multiple projects simultaneously and a robust appreciation for the editorial process, showing potential to advance as a journalist at Reuters. The position will report to John Foley, U.S. Editor, in New York.