Research Assistant, Reuters Breakingviews
The world’s leading provider of agenda-setting financial insight is looking for a bright and motivated London-based Research Assistant to support our crack team of editors and columnists in Europe.
This is a great opportunity for someone interested in digging into financial data, decoding policy, and helping to develop compelling and punchy arguments. You will possess exceptional organisational skills, an eye for editorial detail, and an ability to juggle multiple projects at the same time.
It’s an entry-level position, which means you’ll be asked to help out with many aspects of our output. Our research assistants play a critical role in publishing our views, promoting Breakingviews on social media, helping organise events, and setting up interviews. Over time, we’ll teach you how to write.
- A knack for learning fast and getting to grips with complex topics
- Web publishing skills, or an appetite to develop them
- A keen proofreader’s eye, so you can police copy for style and consistency
- The ability to work quickly and reliably to tight deadlines
- A grounding in finance and business, and a desire to find out more
- Experience of setting up and conducting face-to-face and telephone interviews
- Familiarity with organising data in Microsoft Excel, and creating charts and graphics
Send a CV and a letter setting out your credentials for the job, plus any relevant samples of your work, to email@example.com
Asia editorial assistant, Reuters Breakingviews
Reuters Breakingviews, the world’s leading financial commentary publication, is looking for an editorial assistant to support our work in Asia.
The editorial assistant is a critical entry-level position supporting a team of columnists and editors across the region. The ideal applicant will have exceptional organizational skills, an ability to juggle multiple projects simultaneously and a robust appreciation for the editorial process.
The successful candidate will gain valuable experience as part of an award-winning team based in the busy Hong Kong newsroom. They will help Reuters Breakingviews to cover the region’s biggest financial stories, from boardroom battles and hostile takeovers to bold economic reform.
The role involves:
- Daily web production of text and video content on multiple publishing platforms
- Promotion of Breakingviews through social media, email newsletters and other means
- Overseeing special projects, including the production and distribution of books
- Organization of regular editorial events, including dinner-debates and panel discussions
- Maintaining and growing lists of VIPs, customers and editorial contacts
- Supporting Breakingviews editors with administrative, travel and other assistance
The successful applicant will ideally have:
- Proven organizational skills and an ability to multi-task
- An interest in pursuing a career in journalism
- Strong awareness of the best practices in social media
- Enthusiasm for supporting the leading team in global financial commentary
- Familiarity with Microsoft Excel, in particular creating graphic charts from spreadsheets
- Fluent written and conversational English; able to catch and correct grammar and spelling errors in written copy
- Available to work full time in Hong Kong
Nice to have:
- An understanding of finance and economics
- Professional or fluent Mandarin, Cantonese or Japanese
Send a cover letter (no more than one page) and CV (no more than two pages) to firstname.lastname@example.org