Production Editor, Reuters Breakingviews
The world’s leading provider of agenda-setting financial insight is looking for a motivated and meticulous Production Editor to join our crack team of editors and columnists in Europe.
This is a great opportunity to operate at the forefront of online financial journalism. You will oversee swift and accurate publishing in real time, help devise ways to deepen and broaden our readership, and enforce high standards of clarity and accuracy.
You will possess exceptional organisational skills, a laser-like focus on editorial standards, and the ability to set clear priorities and enforce rigorous deadlines.
Working with our close-knit team, you’ll also help conceive and produce our annual Predictions book, organise live events, and promote Breakingviews on social media. You will also be able to pitch ideas for Breakingviews columns.
Above all, you will bring enthusiasm and a willingness to explore new ideas and better ways of working.
- Experience of editing and publishing online
- Knowledge of business and finance in Europe, the Middle East and Africa
- A keen proofreader’s eye, so you can police copy for style and consistency
- The ability to work quickly and reliably to tight deadlines
- Familiarity with publishing systems, preferably Lynx and WordPress
- Experience of conceiving and producing e-books, podcasts and video
- Familiarity with organising data in Microsoft Excel, and turning them into graphics and charts
Please apply before Friday June 14 by sending an email, enclosing a current CV and letter explaining why you want the job, to email@example.com
This is a challenging entry-level position that involves providing across-the-board support for a team of senior columnists and editors based in New York and San Francisco. The ideal candidate will have exceptional organizational skills, an ability to juggle multiple projects simultaneously and a robust appreciation for the editorial process, showing potential to advance as a journalist at Reuters. The position will report to John Foley, U.S. Editor, in New York.