Columnist, Reuters Breakingviews
Reuters Breakingviews is seeking a talented and original thinker with excellent writing and analytical skills to join our team producing columns on companies, economics and financial markets across Asia.
We’re looking for an experienced journalist or analyst with smart ideas, a collegial approach, a high level of numeracy and a drive to be exceptional. A proven ability to generate fresh ideas for impactful commentary is highly desirable; curiosity is expected; a love of tight deadlines is essential.
The ideal candidate will enjoy crafting sharp, punchy, reported opinion pieces that appeal to a high-level global audience. We also want someone willing to dive into everything from Japanese fiscal policy to Australian banks to Southeast Asian tech startups to IPOs of Chinese companies.
Breakingviews has more than 30 columnists worldwide, each of whom enjoys an enviable network of contacts and an eye for an agenda-setting view.
The role requires upholding the Thomson Reuters Trust Principles by which we operate, and the Breakingviews style guide that keeps our writing clear, accessible, consistent and accurate.
This job will be based in Hong Kong.
- Top-notch idea-generation skills;
- Clarity and conciseness in writing;
- Working closely with other Breakingviews columnists in Asia and the rest of the world to explore ideas and views with broader appeal.
- Knowledge of corporate finance and financial reporting;
- High-level contacts and a knack for making new ones;
- A proven desire to build a profile among relevant audiences.
- Experience writing and editing financial commentary;
- Video, TV, podcast and event-moderating experience;
- An ability to help colleagues develop ideas;
- Language proficiency, including Chinese or Japanese preferred.
To learn more and to apply, click here or contact Asia Editor Jeffrey Goldfarb at firstname.lastname@example.org.