We are looking for a columnist to join our crack European team.
Building on our long-established reputation for speed, accuracy, clarity and insight, you will craft incisive views on deals, corporate strategy, markets, economics and policy. You must have razor-sharp analytical skills and the ability to tackle complex concepts with lively, engaging arguments.
Though writing experience is a distinct advantage, an understanding of finance and a reliable stream of original ideas are equally important.
What it involves:
- Researching and writing strong, original views on European business, finance and economics – both responding rapidly to breaking news and setting the agenda
- Presenting ideas in fresh and interesting ways, including the use of interactive graphics
- Developing contacts with senior executives, financiers and policymakers
- Working with columnists and editors in Europe, Asia and the United States to develop ideas and illuminate cross-border themes
- A firm grasp of the basic concepts of corporate finance and business
- The ability to formulate strong, well-argued opinions under tight deadlines
- A base of high-level contacts among bankers, investors and policymakers
- Experience of presenting your views to a sophisticated financial audience
- A working knowledge of multiple European languages
- Experience of engaging with an online audience
Please apply with a CV and a covering letter by Friday September 21st to email@example.com